The Big Bang Eerie
All things began from nothing?
And then the nothing grew?
And then turned into something,
Quite quick, just spanking new?
Then something was expanded,
Without reason or rhyme?
It all sounds underhanded,
An utter waste of time...
Of course, time helped such things occur,
But where did that come from?
How could such wonders simply stir?
Was that a new time bomb?
The speed of light was thought the same
No matter where one went,
Until new theories slowly came,
But were these Heaven-sent?
I must confess, God seems to be,
The only truth to heed,
It seems He made eternity
Because He felt the need...
He took His time creating stuff,
He show off now and then,
So that as us we'd learn to love
And each day serve again...
Some say the Earth is very old,
But others think they're mad,
When they, the evidence behold,
They shake their heads, quite sad...
They say the moon is young as well,
The moondust serves as proof,
But when the others they would tell,
The others stay aloof...
And thus, divided, here we stand,
Heads scratched till we go bald,
To say the others should be banned,
Their text books all recalled...
The Holy Bible keeps some wise,
The Christians and the Jews,
The other folks prefer the lies,
Yet they are free to choose...
If God would grant a miracle,
Perhaps folks would believe,
Be thankful if some blessings fall,
Some extra cash retrieve...
But God by money's not impressed,
That's why He sent His Son,
God loved so much, He sent the best,
But look what Man has done...
They took His Son, once glorified,
They hated Him because
The Father He had not denied,
Not even on His Cross...
The Big Bang Theory's shot to Hell,
The Big Boss Truth remains...
So choose today, sit down a spell,
It's time to use your brains!
Denis Martindale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Big Bang Eerie by Denis Martindale )
- Another Day, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Who Am I?, Harold R Hunt Sr
- A letter to you, Harold R Hunt Sr
- What are moms made of?, Harold R Hunt Sr
- M. (MY) O. (OLD) M. (MOM), Harold R Hunt Sr
- Blessed cursed day, Vincent Vinistarll
- GUARDIAN ANGEL, Harold R Hunt Sr
- A Racers Words, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The sky is no more, gajanan mishra
- A phone call to Heaven., Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(8 August 1884 – 29 January 1933)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)