Bazi alis Subrata Ray
The Amazon Rose.
The wed-lock bed,
Was all but red,
And no dregs of gray,
The bride came up,
With all her wild harps,
And ignited the hidden fire.
The unquenched groom,
Found a room,
With the highs of his all desire,
The Amazon Rose fanned her poetry,
And reduced into ash the groom’s fire.
An equally violent she sought a mate,
Who had more than tsunami’s flood,
The Amazon queen, made so many ruins,
To blackened –crude and bluish –blood.
Imbecile, impotent, and quick-fall,
With sound and fury, they came all,
But none she thought, for her brought,
A saturation made of cannon ball.
The Amazon queen, seeks ruins and ruins,
And blooms on man-eater’s tree,
She arrests looks, employs hooks,
And herself remains ever free.
Some haggard bankrupts, yawn and say,
‘The house of illusion, the Maya, she may,
And no man ever can estimate her worth,
She is combined divine and wine by her birth.
Bazi alis Subrata Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Amazon Rose. by Bazi alis Subrata Ray )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Harold Hart Crane
(21 July 1899 – 27 April 1932)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(25 November 1890 – 1 April 1918)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(6 January 1878 – 22 July 1967)
(1886 - 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Ranga Duniya ne Dkhaya hai Nirala, Kumar Vishwas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Television, Roald Dahl
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
Poem of the Day
- Escaping Home, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Enjoying Conversations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- How Long A Breath of Moment Be...(r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Communicating Through Talent, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Moments Of Refreshing Writing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God., Th@ We N0t, sEaN nOrTh
- only Dfence against a rhythm - Boi, sEaN nOrTh
- Snuggle 2, Michael P. McParland
- ROAD FROM PARIS 1970, Terry Collett
- '' O '', Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR