M.D Dinesh Nair
TELL ME WHY..
Tell me why your words continue to be a solace to me
When I drown in the trumpets of times cruel?
Tell me why your presence is conspicuous to me while your being away
When I am lost in the midst of men and women in silks?
Tell me why your graceful faces and looks come in my dreams
When you have often veiled your eyes and mouths?
Tell me why your care and love descend on me incessantly
When a strange habitat emerges around me now?
My granny said, 'When everybody leaves you, God will be with you, my kid'
And she was quoting the age-old concept perhaps like all.
I honour the frail mouth`s chanting lie bur have to say,
'When the old faiths get buried we feel the real human love'.
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (TELL ME WHY.. by M.D Dinesh Nair )
Did you read them?
- Big Cat Nap - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- What's the half truth of half world, Aftab Alam
- A Polar Star to Show Your Way, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Walking Is a Way of Life, Frank Avon
- Sirpent, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- And then there were none, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- The Upstairs Witch, David Lewis Paget
- Breeze of love, SALINI NAIR
- Mt. Eden, Frank Avon
- I am in love with you, ambitious blessing
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Learn to Live, Roopa Menon
- Not Waving but Drowning, Stevie Smith
- Alone, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)