Take Me Home
Lord, please take me home
To be with you, to rest a while.
This journey has been strenuous, forlorn;
But me you have never abandoned;
You simply watch me afar to show the world
How your faithful servant, struggling in love, has gotten it done.
My Love, I have managed the mission with my best;
Stumbling along the way in my childishness,
Learning and improvising while looking for your caress.
The world has lifted me high but its glamour is simply fleeting display;
But I did meet many wonderful people you have sent my way.
I have learnt a lot in the sweetest dream of a man's lifetime;
The experience totally I have lived in, that reminds
The earthly life you once lived, and its path I now trace.
My Love, hold me tightly in your embrace,
For now I know not which direction to turn
While I just want to prolong our loving
To be with you regardless of which direction I face,
For being with you I can withstand all things in grace
To fulfill my lifetime role: the loner alone with you
In all those crowded places.
Don Nguyen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Take Me Home by Don Nguyen )
- Lightened In Dawn, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Kansas City Royals vs San Francisco Gian.., miami dupli
- Dispersion, ramesh rai
- Know This To Notice, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Press1, Harold R Hunt Sr
- BSU pride By Bo-Edward Lawrence, Bo Edward Lawrence
- Dandelions, Buddy Bee Anthony
- The Bird, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Essence Of Another Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Zion By Bo-Edward Lawrence, Bo Edward Lawrence
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)