Take Me Home
Lord, please take me home
To be with you, to rest a while.
This journey has been strenuous, forlorn;
But me you have never abandoned;
You simply watch me afar to show the world
How your faithful servant, struggling in love, has gotten it done.
My Love, I have managed the mission with my best;
Stumbling along the way in my childishness,
Learning and improvising while looking for your caress.
The world has lifted me high but its glamour is simply fleeting display;
But I did meet many wonderful people you have sent my way.
I have learnt a lot in the sweetest dream of a man's lifetime;
The experience totally I have lived in, that reminds
The earthly life you once lived, and its path I now trace.
My Love, hold me tightly in your embrace,
For now I know not which direction to turn
While I just want to prolong our loving
To be with you regardless of which direction I face,
For being with you I can withstand all things in grace
To fulfill my lifetime role: the loner alone with you
In all those crowded places.
Don Nguyen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Take Me Home by Don Nguyen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Writing For A Living Echoing Life Drama, Terence G. Craddock
- Tomorrow's Wager, Ritika Abigail
- All I Want..., Ritika Abigail
- *Where is Death? *, C. P. Sharma
- Oh! Palestine, Aminath Neena
- Questions Of The Dark..., Ritika Abigail
- Writing Written Classic Plot Our Lives, Terence G. Craddock
- Stripper Tit, Richard Thripp
- From Eed - aRe yOU. rEaLy. still DrOniNg.., sEaN nOrTh
- A Matter Of Words, Of Muses And Other Ghosts