My Favorite Poet
My favorite poet
My favorite poet is not Claude Monet but Van Gogh;
Even though Monet is my second best, Van Gogh is at top because he had lived with intensity,
With all he had and all he didn’t have.
I love his passion, his emotion, his pain, his joy, his agony, his ecstasy, his eloquence, composing
The greatest poems which painted with vivid-est colors of human life with all struggles, endurance, fragilities, and pains.
After all, a poem is at best described as a painting done on words and thoughts.
We need all colors, all blends, all details, all sketches, to magnify a human life,
Which is so precious to the Lord, as Van Gogh’s to me.
Oh sweet Van Gogh, suffering Van Gogh, I always love to meet you, to walk with you, to ease your pains;
I often wonder of you walking the street at night, hungry, empty, lonely, neglected.
The music is so turbulent I am listening to at this moment,
Best used to describe how you lived
A life of an artist who had lived for his art, who then died for his art,
A life was worth to live
For your life could be condensed into one single masterpiece,
That no one did once understand or appreciate,
The more-than-worthwhile life which now is admired by many forever and forever,
Don Nguyen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
My Van Gogh, described here, is a homeless man, one of my friends who study Scripture with me every Saturday morning for 2 hours.
Comments about this poem (My Favorite Poet by Don Nguyen )
- Each Page Is A Door To Another Place, Curtlan Popo
- Truly Normal, Robert Eckstein
- Believing In Tomorrow, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- BEAUTY ONLY, hasmukh amathalal
- Passion Of Existence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 'It is, what it is', Mae AC.
- To Perish In Paris, Curtlan Popo
- Depths Of Self - Assertion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Much More To Life There Is To Live, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Our first meet, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Barbie Doll, Marge Piercy
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)