My Dearest Royal Poet Jesus
You have said we now should say goodbye!
Why, Lord? You're always the One Who inspires
This lowly servant what and how to write.
Now You want me to write whatever born out of my heart.
How can I do it, Lord, I am scared, who is holding my hand and pen?
My Love, I shall write about You, only You, or about me with You in it.
The world might think what I am writing is ridiculous or weird;
But I don't care, I never do; for if not about You, nothing is worth
I love You, Lord, You know it, but I still want to say it!
Thousand times, Lord, and thousand upon thousand more times
Until the world is tired of hearing all my childish repetitions,
Which sound so beautiful, most precious to your ears and my heart.
I now solemnly promise You, my Love,
That I will travel far and wide to the farthest remote earth
To sing our love songs, to call souls back to You, my Beloved.
First thing, I will do is to get busy in writing our poem book,
Which is truly Yours for I simply serve as Your instrumental pen;
A royal pen, I guess, as it fits to serve the King;
But by it own carnal being, its so-called beauty is considered as
mediocre second class at best.
Thus bless me now, my Love,
So that I go on to write about my Blessed Jesus
Don Nguyen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Dearest Royal Poet Jesus by Don Nguyen )
- LETTER TO A MOTHER 2, john chizoba vincent
- The Festival of Lights, Deepawali, Bijay Kant Dubey
- To Loving Partha Sarothi -A Token Of Love., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Picking At Sores, Kyle Schlicher
- Crazy, Dipankar Sadhukhan
- National Festival, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- I Must Make Preparations, Kyle Schlicher
- Aftermath…, LALITHA JOSEPH
- THE FUNERAL RAM, john chizoba vincent
- I Am Tired Before My Time, Kyle Schlicher
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)