Alon Calinao Dy
Super Typhoon Haiyan
Super typhoon Haiyan,
Why have you swept away our city Tacloban?
Why have you killed thousands of our countrymen
Including the innocent children and women?
Look what you have done!
Complete devastation with no food and water,
You have taken them one by one.
Why did you need to slaughter them?
Why do you have to show the world you're the deadliest?
Why do you have come and brought us many tears?
Don't you know we're born as warriors without fears.
You have destroyed all our towns and cities,
You have exposed our fight against irregularities,
And now we have nothing left,
But only allies who've helped us their very best.
Alon Calinao Dy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Super Typhoon Haiyan by Alon Calinao Dy )
- I Found Favor In A Lake, mohamed Alpha Ba
- A Direful Day, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Black Reign, Singleton M. Tate
- I Will Keep On Praying, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.18, Monk E. Biz
- I regret nothing, but I invest in what c.., Mandolyn ...
- Steve Jobs, Saiom Shriver
- Crawl, Singleton M. Tate
- Lustful Love, Priscilla Colon
- Do You Know Surrender? Pt.2, Singleton M. Tate