The love that unfolded made me ridiculously stupid.
I waited for you, for hours upon hours
waiting, hoping to see you once more that night.
You never came.
You never came to my rescue,
With every moment you were gone I slowly died.
Each minute, each second a new time bomb waiting to explode,
waiting to feed on my new found hope.
The hope that you gave me,
The sense that it would all be okay, that I would be okay,
The sense that I didn't need to hide myself any longer
You gave me this hope and left me alone,
alone to wonder;
Was it you that was my hope?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Stupid Hope by Sierra Staten )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- in between, Omobude Saint perry
- Fetching a Raindrop, Masharia kanyari
- my death, Omobude Saint perry
- Midnight's Rain, Khairul Ahsan
- Seamless Transition, Doug Blair
- To Be Continued, Vincent Topp
- Church Woman (Saint in Progress), Doug Blair
- Invisible Monster, Dan Walker
- Dead Veg, Richard Lee
- House of Cards, Pradip Chattopadhyay