Strength Beyond Compare (cancer)
Not even sickness could keep you down
You took the pain without a sound
You have strength beyond compare
And this with others you do share.
No one can know your pain
Except the ones who are going thru the same.
Breast cancer is not only restricted to women
Men get it too.
But they are not as strong as you
They have more of a macho block
This stays on their minds and just can’t stop.
The percentage may be mighty small
But it affects us one and all.
With a lot of inspiration
Someday we’ll find the vaccination.
It will stop those cells dead in its tracks
And there’ll be no coming back.
But until then – don’t give up the fight
We see your struggles, they’re in our sight.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Strength Beyond Compare (cancer) by louis rams )
- Is Life?, Neela Nath
- Star Tree, douglas scotney
- The Road to Heaven is Only One, Dr John Celes
- Capable and real, hasmukh amathalal
- This Is What Makes A Rhyming Poem, arshad arshad
- I write not for you, Havilah
- This Isn't My Body, Elizabeth Tyrrell
- Love me..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Certainly prove, hasmukh amathalal
- I want to say goodbye, michael hagwood
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Conscience, Henry David Thoreau
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Tiffany Rose Moczydlowski
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns