Stones Soften To Stew...0609-2k13
Many a rising sun, I have witnessed, set
Wavering night lamps seen steady get
A Diamond’s worth, none could match
Dud coins seen work as sterling batch
Those with none their own in our world
Same the sons seen thrive, unfurled
Only with HIS blessings unlock
On water seen some people walk
People say their lentils wouldn’t brew
And I’ve seen stones so often stew
Those who valued not friends; o’bhulley!
Seen them wring empty hands to stay
saadat tahir's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
charde suraj dhalde vekhe...
bujhde diwe balde vekhe...
heere ya koi mul na chare,
khote sikke chalde vekhe...
jehna da na jagg te koi,
oh v puttar palde vekhe...
loki kehnde daal ni galdi,
main te pathar galde vekhe...
jinhan qadar na keeti yar di bulleya
hath khali O malday vekhe...
Baba Bulhey Shah
A famous sufi saint/poet of the Punjabi language.
Comments about this poem (Stones Soften To Stew...0609-2k13 by saadat tahir )
- Dear Daughter, Dean Meredith
- That ugly frustration, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dorian Gray, Nassy Fesharaki
- Reality Is, Esther Thornburg
- Our days are clearly well-known, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Life, samuel sannoh
- Blind, Blind, Naveed Khalid
- A ripple's life, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- What is this world of ours ماهذا العالم .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Sinners الاثمون, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)