Stones Soften To Stew...0609-2k13
Many a rising sun, I have witnessed, set
Wavering night lamps seen steady get
A Diamond’s worth, none could match
Dud coins seen work as sterling batch
Those with none their own in our world
Same the sons seen thrive, unfurled
Only with HIS blessings unlock
On water seen some people walk
People say their lentils wouldn’t brew
And I’ve seen stones so often stew
Those who valued not friends; o’bhulley!
Seen them wring empty hands to stay
saadat tahir's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
charde suraj dhalde vekhe...
bujhde diwe balde vekhe...
heere ya koi mul na chare,
khote sikke chalde vekhe...
jehna da na jagg te koi,
oh v puttar palde vekhe...
loki kehnde daal ni galdi,
main te pathar galde vekhe...
jinhan qadar na keeti yar di bulleya
hath khali O malday vekhe...
Baba Bulhey Shah
A famous sufi saint/poet of the Punjabi language.
Comments about this poem (Stones Soften To Stew...0609-2k13 by saadat tahir )
- Orphan, Dipankar Sadhukhan
- Verbum Caro, Translation of Pierre Emman.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- ''Heartbeat'', Patricia Grantham
- A Cat Is Always A Cat, Edward Kofi Louis
- Before and After, Aftab Alam
- Like The End Of A Prayer, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Burning Costs of Life, michael walkerjohn
- Elisabeth, Edward Kofi Louis
- Before shutting the lid of the coffin….., Ponniah Ganeshan
- Love is …., SALINI NAIR
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- On the Pulse of Morning, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)