Stones Soften To Stew...0609-2k13
Many a rising sun, I have witnessed, set
Wavering night lamps seen steady get
A Diamond’s worth, none could match
Dud coins seen work as sterling batch
Those with none their own in our world
Same the sons seen thrive, unfurled
Only with HIS blessings unlock
On water seen some people walk
People say their lentils wouldn’t brew
And I’ve seen stones so often stew
Those who valued not friends; o’bhulley!
Seen them wring empty hands to stay
saadat tahir's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
charde suraj dhalde vekhe...
bujhde diwe balde vekhe...
heere ya koi mul na chare,
khote sikke chalde vekhe...
jehna da na jagg te koi,
oh v puttar palde vekhe...
loki kehnde daal ni galdi,
main te pathar galde vekhe...
jinhan qadar na keeti yar di bulleya
hath khali O malday vekhe...
Baba Bulhey Shah
A famous sufi saint/poet of the Punjabi language.
Comments about this poem (Stones Soften To Stew...0609-2k13 by saadat tahir )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Mother Culture's Lullbye - The Culling S.., Joseph DeMarco
- A Parody, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Prayer for the lost., David Lessard
- UGLY AGGRESSORS معتدون قبيحون, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- SANDY AND MUSHMISH (THEY USED TO BE MY L.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Scarecrow Not Quite Dissolving By Orange.., mary douglas
- WHO ARE WE? من نحن ؟, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- We Complain, Sandra Feldman
- Trapped Inside This Head Of Mine, david kush
- a light bulb flickers in my dreams, Mandolyn ...