saadat tahir (21011965 / Islamabad-Pakistan)
Stones Soften To Stew...0609-2k13
Many a rising sun, I have witnessed, set
Wavering night lamps seen steady get
A Diamond’s worth, none could match
Dud coins seen work as sterling batch
Those with none their own in our world
Same the sons seen thrive, unfurled
Only with HIS blessings unlock
On water seen some people walk
People say their lentils wouldn’t brew
And I’ve seen stones so often stew
Those who valued not friends; o’bhulley!
Seen them wring empty hands to stay
Poet Other Poems
- A Date with mem-Sahib...History with che...
- A Life Went Wrong.......the denial of li...
- A Place called HOME......the eldely infi...
- A spur of the moment challenge.... :)
- A Stretch in the Park
- A thousand wishes so…(T) 1711**
- A walk with maid Merriam.....merry with ...
- Across The Graveyard, A Wind Flays
- Again and again......(Lothario's lisp)
- Al-Ghadafa! ….2502 (in support of the Li...
- Along a wandering wind… 2903-2k13
- Amidst infernos ablaze….0701-2k12
- Anathema.......racist chisms
- Angel feet….1907
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
charde suraj dhalde vekhe...
bujhde diwe balde vekhe...
heere ya koi mul na chare,
khote sikke chalde vekhe...
jehna da na jagg te koi,
oh v puttar palde vekhe...
loki kehnde daal ni galdi,
main te pathar galde vekhe...
jinhan qadar na keeti yar di bulleya
hath khali O malday vekhe...
Baba Bulhey Shah
A famous sufi saint/poet of the Punjabi language.
Comments about this poem (Angel feet….1907 by saadat tahir )
People who read saadat tahir also read
Top 500 Poems
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley