I fold the leaves open
that still does cover me,
push through the layer of ground
where I have been comfortable.
I stretch myself to the outside,
to reach for the sun again,
I breathe in the air
that I have missed for so long
and now I grow on stored power,
reaching out again
and reach towards the sun once more
to feel every ray of it.
I see the morning
that I have hoped for
and when the leaves of winter
finally lets me go
I am free to live again.
When it rains softly around me,
the drops fall on my soul
causing spring and flowers to bud from me,
to later grow to full maturity.
Daleen Enslinstrydom's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Spring by Daleen Enslinstrydom )
- A daily fun!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Ray of Hope, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- National flag., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Examined, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trance in the rain, Nassy Fesharaki
- Azal se mauzood hoon..., Azhar Sabri
- Time Chases Me, Neela Nath
- Elimination, Hans Raj Sharma
- We have come thru..., bill costley
- The elements of loss, nick feiner