Dr John Celes (14-2-1957 / Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India)
Sonnet: A Lost Friendship
You were my friend then: now almost stranger!
Our friendship appeared once very glorious;
What happened meantime, gives me great anger;
Our friendship no longer remains serious.
Fool you were, to be misled by others,
Who drove a giant wedge ’midst our friendship;
Cut off is our friendship, which me bothers;
A nadir has come in our relationship.
What years of intimacy have been lost?
You’ve been foolish, very much on your part;
Our friendship today is just but a ghost;
Won’t your eyes see the true love in my heart?
Dear friend however, you can’t be my foe;
I hope that our friendship, blossoms once more!
Poet Other Poems
- "Happy Birthday, Dear Octogenarian ...
- "Happy May Day,2012! "
- (a mono-rhyme) To be exalted...
- (Matthew 27 v.46)
- ‘’Tis Time to Get Married! ’
- ‘Bees will Return to Hives! ’
- ‘Cheer Up, Fella! ’
- ‘Dogo Erectus’!
- ‘Happy Birthday! ' Dear Mary, Mother of ...
- ‘Happy Birthday! ’ Dear Doctor
- ‘Happy Birthday, Dear Diana! ’
- ‘Happy Birthday, Mahatma Gandhiji! ’
- ‘Happy Birthday, Mum! '
- ‘Happy Birthday’ My Dear Sister, Clemenc...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.