Sonnet 80: The look of love
It is your eyes that show your love for me
Limpid blue pearls that smile with gentle love
That dispel any fear of what might be
And unites our love from heaven above.
They twinkle like stars shining in the night sky
And create a calming and soothing balm
They are gentle and kind not set to pry
That eases my soul making all things calm
Your eyes are the mirror to your kind soul
Which puts one at ease in your presence
They do not burn like some eyes burn a hole
But form a calming and soothing innocence.
There is more truth when we speak with our eyes
Than with our mouths alone which often lies?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet 80: The look of love by David Wood )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Smoking Euthanasia, Dexsta Ray
- Touch, Francis Wanyiri
- poet laureate i think, lee fones
- सोरनिबा आगान, Ronjoy Brahma
- Roaring ready to go…, Mark Heathcote
- why does this have to happen, Happy Hippie Girl
- Sadness Of Living, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Blackened Bronze, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Child of the South, Leah Ayliffe
- Progressive Yearnings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak