Sonnet 78: My Love Will Live In My Heart For All Time
My love will live in my heart for all time
Truly she is my bright eternal flame
She is the poem that will deftly rhyme
And my heart sings at the sound of her name.
For together we are a good love match;
That Cupid and his fine arrows did well,
She is a handsome woman, a good catch
That Cupid united under his spell.
However, love will have its ups and downs
And we may suffer from a stormy sea
We have to take the laughter with some frowns
And weather come what may, it has to be.
True love will ride out all stormy weather
And life’s problems we will face together.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet 78: My Love Will Live In My Heart For All Time by David Wood )
Did you read them?
- Kaalchakra, The Wheel of Time, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Moon Spoke to Me, Michael Mira
- Sinkin' boat, Aftab Alam
- Alesha the Cat, Steve Kittell
- Heart Broke, Vijaya mam
- Perhaps I'll See You, Abu Tammam
- A Back Seat, Elia Michael
- Love shall stand, hasmukh amathalal
- Female Author, Sylvia Plath
- Dirge For A Joker, Sylvia Plath
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)