Songs of the Old Gardener
He scared the shit out of me
as he stretched his hands in invitation
and I would cry like hell
no no no........
The old gardener in between his toils
would come to our house for a glass of water
his thirst quenched would sing to me
baby I mean no harm no harm
come to me with love baby come to my arm
will take you on my shoulder
fetch you god's boon
will steal the stars for you
on your forehead paint the moon!
come baby just for once I really mean no harm
this heart longs for your silken touch
your caress tender warm
will fly you to the land of moon
lift you on feathered wings
fetch for you the god's boon
treasures of the seven kings!
my heart aches for you baby
my love rides high tide
in my arms be ever with me
don't from me go hide
will bring you the season's first shower
on your palm the morning dew
pluck for you the most fragrant flower
the arch of rainbow hue!
When I close my eyes can still hear
a child's no no no
and regret was lost in his fear
from a broken heart love's flow.
It was not till I had grown in years
and the gardener was long gone
mother told me he showered me cares
for I reminded him of his son.
Pradip Chattopadhyay's Other Poems
Topic(s): love lost
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Songs of the Old Gardener by Pradip Chattopadhyay )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- The Exception Perception Has, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- You Know, Whats-his-name, Lawrence Beck
- Isis: Syria and Iraq, do something!, Rachel Nichols
- THE POOR PEOPLE AND THEIR POVERTY الفقرا.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I PROMISE, Poet Akinwemimo Idris
- The Spyders, David Lewis Paget
- Monsoon., David Lessard
- Unprepared, Disrespectful 'and' Undiscip.., Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Summer Nights, Maya Hanson (mye3 poet)
- THE PRETTY SEASONS AND THE PRETTY ROCK O.., MOHAMMAD SKATI