Songs of the Old Gardener
He scared the shit out of me
as he stretched his hands in invitation
and I would cry like hell
no no no........
The old gardener in between his toils
would come to our house for a glass of water
his thirst quenched would sing to me
baby I mean no harm no harm
come to me with love baby come to my arm
will take you on my shoulder
fetch you god's boon
will steal the stars for you
on your forehead paint the moon!
come baby just for once I really mean no harm
this heart longs for your silken touch
your caress tender warm
will fly you to the land of moon
lift you on feathered wings
fetch for you the god's boon
treasures of the seven kings!
my heart aches for you baby
my love rides high tide
in my arms be ever with me
don't from me go hide
will bring you the season's first shower
on your palm the morning dew
pluck for you the most fragrant flower
the arch of rainbow hue!
When I close my eyes can still hear
a child's no no no
and regret was lost in his fear
from a broken heart love's flow.
It was not till I had grown in years
and the gardener was long gone
mother told me he showered me cares
for I reminded him of his son.
Topic(s): love lost
Pradip Chattopadhyay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Songs of the Old Gardener by Pradip Chattopadhyay )
Did you read them?
- Feeling Love, Sandra Feldman
- so in other words, i laugh for two, Mandolyn ...
- Text time, george albot
- Deep Friendship, Sandra Feldman
- The Mighty Tumbler, Samya Bose
- puppy made of sand, lee fones
- Alive And With Medals, Clive Blake
- pull over for lightening, let's touch a .., Mandolyn ...
- ShakingThe Finger Tip, Is It Poetry
- Vent Of A Laden Heart, Lungelo Ndzimande
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)