Song - Stay, Phoebus, stay!
Stay, Phoebus, stay!
The world to which you fly so fast,
From us to them, can pay your haste
With no such object, not salute your rise
With no such wonder, as De Mornay's eyes.
Well does this prove
The error of those antique books,
Which made you move
About the world; her charming looks
Would fix your beams, and make it ever day,
Did not the rolling earth snatch her away.
Edmund Waller's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Song - Stay, Phoebus, stay! by Edmund Waller )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Belly Dancer, Diane Wakoski
- nigeria freedom, ademola oluwabusayo
- I Am A Frog, Lilly Emery
- ray of sunshine, ademola oluwabusayo
- what kills you; helps me live, Rodney R. Cooper
- Imagination, Jason J. Yu
- August, Paola Degli Esposti
- Her Beauty., Jason J. Yu
- Nights are cool, hasmukh amathalal
- Shallow Vs. Spiritual, Jason J. Yu