'Solitude'-the word despicable
devoid of bond,
bereft of unity.
But a loner receives 'solitude'
on a welcome note.
She savours the succulent solitude
till the last morsel.
The desolate place pools her haphazourd thoughts,
which never got an ambience to percolate,
to get streamlined and make flow like a rivulet.
She reflects on her existence, her values,
her purpose of life and the vision
in the comforting blanket of solitude.
In her anchorage with the solitude
she extends her sight to the colonnade of trees,
to the horizon where the sky fondly touches
the convergence of mountains
and the cloud mingles.
Through the vista
she looks on to the
sailing boats on the river,
which, miles away,
bear the semblance of sharks.
Merging in the solitude
she murmurs in her soliloquy
that to witness the
Mother Nature's vicissitude
the ideal environment will be solitude.
Swatimalya Chattopadhyay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Solitude by Swatimalya Chattopadhyay )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Kaise mai ye likh deta hoon! !, Ajeet Singh Dhruv
- Final Frontier, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Doors Of Destiny, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reproductions Through Music, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Safest place, gajanan mishra
- To whom I am going, gajanan mishra
- In The Process Of Existence, Naveed Akram
- Thy presence, binod bastola
- My Maiden's Love Is Like A Cloud In June, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- दिल को हरदम dil ko hardam, hasmukh amathalal