'Solitude'-the word despicable
devoid of bond,
bereft of unity.
But a loner receives 'solitude'
on a welcome note.
She savours the succulent solitude
till the last morsel.
The desolate place pools her haphazourd thoughts,
which never got an ambience to percolate,
to get streamlined and make flow like a rivulet.
She reflects on her existence, her values,
her purpose of life and the vision
in the comforting blanket of solitude.
In her anchorage with the solitude
she extends her sight to the colonnade of trees,
to the horizon where the sky fondly touches
the convergence of mountains
and the cloud mingles.
Through the vista
she looks on to the
sailing boats on the river,
which, miles away,
bear the semblance of sharks.
Merging in the solitude
she murmurs in her soliloquy
that to witness the
Mother Nature's vicissitude
the ideal environment will be solitude.
Swatimalya Chattopadhyay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Solitude by Swatimalya Chattopadhyay )
- The Horse Race., Harold R Hunt Sr
- That's Why I'm Afraid, Neela Nath
- Ex's, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Articulate Through Art, Curtlan Popo
- Classic dances, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The tengrian praying at sunrise, Zamir Osorov
- I Am We, Curtlan Popo
- Authenticity, Diane Hine
- My New Neighbour, Valsa George
- Royals Baseball Poem, Tom Zart
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Different Ways to Pray, Naomi Shihab Nye
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)