Lawrence S. Pertillar (February/'47 / Connecticut, USA)
Many today so self-obsessed,
And live to thrive to pride themselves on it...
With a manipulating done to deceive discreetly,
Represents a mindset that has been condoned.
As is shown by the freedom of this expressed.
With an obviousness of it projected,
Those who are conscious and sometimes affected...
Easily detect to witness as a disrespect accepted,
No longer seems to offend when those self-obsessed...
Can pretend the Sun rises and sets on 'their' aspirations.
Poet Other Poems
- ' The Freed of Getting Frisked at Your R...
- $10 a Gallon?
- $5 a Barrel of What?
- (Further Away) From The Year Two Thousan...
- (The) Benefit of Needless Conflict
- (The) Acceptance of a Nothingness
- (The) Bigger Lie
- (The) Depthness of This Kind of Introsp...
- (The) Fate of Fatal Lovers
- (The) Budding Grace of April
- ...and 'now' I lay me down to sleep
- '...I feel like I've been robbed! '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.