There’s a thing called love standing at my door
Wanting to give me a feeling I never felt before.
But I’m a skeptic!
Nothing in life is free-why is love trying to be nice to me?
They say that love makes the world go around
Has there been any truth to this to be found?
On my own conclusions I can rely
But I’ll never know if I don’t give it a try!
I’m opening up the door to my heart and letting him in
Just to see if love can begin.
I know it won’t happen overnight, but little by little
If things are right.
I’ve gone through most emotions known to man
Now it’s time for love to stand.
Come on love – show me what you can do!
Let’s see if what they say is true.
WHOA! Who is that person standing there?
Looking so fine and debonair.
Is that person looking at me?
NO! It’s not possible – it just can’t be!
Why am I getting this queasy feeling deep down inside?
Is this what they mean when they say “LOVE IS BLIND “?
What is this tingling sensation and this joy to be alive?
Making me feel as if I could touch the sky.
So this is what happens to “SKEPTICS “like me?
My heart is opened and my eyes can see.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Skeptical Heart by louis rams )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(22 March 1941 -)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 July 1870 – 16 July 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
Poem of the Day
- ANGER STEMS FROM PAIN, Christina Sunrise
- ACTION IS WHERE IT STARTS, Christina Sunrise
- Night terrors, Ryan Brodesser
- River Ran Red, Kim Barney
- KRIG, Gunnar Mo.
- Sink the Dream Boat, Babbling Brookes
- AFFIRMATIONS, Christina Sunrise
- Good Riddance, Electric Lady
- Charlie Chaplin, Mark Heathcote
- Coming Home, Slim Jay