There’s a thing called love standing at my door
Wanting to give me a feeling I never felt before.
But I’m a skeptic!
Nothing in life is free-why is love trying to be nice to me?
They say that love makes the world go around
Has there been any truth to this to be found?
On my own conclusions I can rely
But I’ll never know if I don’t give it a try!
I’m opening up the door to my heart and letting him in
Just to see if love can begin.
I know it won’t happen overnight, but little by little
If things are right.
I’ve gone through most emotions known to man
Now it’s time for love to stand.
Come on love – show me what you can do!
Let’s see if what they say is true.
WHOA! Who is that person standing there?
Looking so fine and debonair.
Is that person looking at me?
NO! It’s not possible – it just can’t be!
Why am I getting this queasy feeling deep down inside?
Is this what they mean when they say “LOVE IS BLIND “?
What is this tingling sensation and this joy to be alive?
Making me feel as if I could touch the sky.
So this is what happens to “SKEPTICS “like me?
My heart is opened and my eyes can see.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Skeptical Heart by louis rams )
- What A Wondrous Thing, Joshua Chuhran
- Falling Doves, Joshua Chuhran
- The Simple Life, Nate Morris
- To touch a star is to be touch by the st.., Raymond Sawyer
- A Prayer For Self Identity, Maurice Harris
- throwing sticks at the stars, Mandolyn ...
- For the Love of Poetry, Sandra Feldman
- The stars that whisper the name Star Buc.., Raymond Sawyer
- The Universe Of True Love, Poetic Lilly Emery
- A Halloween Haiku, Thomas Koron
Poem of the Day
- How to Write the Great American Indian N.., Sherman Alexie
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(15 September 1889 – 22 May 1948)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)