There’s a thing called love standing at my door
Wanting to give me a feeling I never felt before.
But I’m a skeptic!
Nothing in life is free-why is love trying to be nice to me?
They say that love makes the world go around
Has there been any truth to this to be found?
On my own conclusions I can rely
But I’ll never know if I don’t give it a try!
I’m opening up the door to my heart and letting him in
Just to see if love can begin.
I know it won’t happen overnight, but little by little
If things are right.
I’ve gone through most emotions known to man
Now it’s time for love to stand.
Come on love – show me what you can do!
Let’s see if what they say is true.
WHOA! Who is that person standing there?
Looking so fine and debonair.
Is that person looking at me?
NO! It’s not possible – it just can’t be!
Why am I getting this queasy feeling deep down inside?
Is this what they mean when they say “LOVE IS BLIND “?
What is this tingling sensation and this joy to be alive?
Making me feel as if I could touch the sky.
So this is what happens to “SKEPTICS “like me?
My heart is opened and my eyes can see.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Skeptical Heart by louis rams )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Wondering How To Find Conclusions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- My Luna ii, binod bastola
- Killings! Killings!, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Long ago and far away., richard harris
- in memory of my first and last love, LUZAAN de Bruyn
- A Pair Of Messy Birds (Fun Poem 158), David Harris
- Beyond The Desert, Tracee Olga
- Tumbleweed, Robert Kane
- The Motorcyclists, James Tate
- The Definition of Gardening, James Tate