(brief renderings) Joe Fazio
Sing Me No Sad Songs
Sing me no sad songs cause my hearts
been broken too many times and I've cried
myself asleep too many nights.
Sing me no sad songs cause they bring
back all the hurt and all the memories that
I'm tryin' to forget.
Sing me no sad songs cause I'm feelin'
low and those songs just keep me down.
They keep me from smiling or seein' the sun.
Sing me no sad songs, cause I'm tryin' to
raise myself up and lookin' for a feel
good song and a feel good smile.
Sing me no sad songs cause they chase away
all the stuff that's good in life. Those sad songs...
they always make my brown eyes blue and lock
the door on love and such.
Baby...sing me no sad songs, just hold me and
sing softly...the songs of love and the songs of hope.
If I live to be a hundred I never want to hear those
bad feelin' sad songs again.
© Joe Fazio
(brief renderings) Joe Fazio's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sing Me No Sad Songs by (brief renderings) Joe Fazio )
- 'My Poems Conclusion With All My Sadness.., Ali Sabry
- 'My Dear, ', Ali Sabry
- - Dear My Lovely Beauty Princess3-, Ali Sabry
- - Dear My Lovely Beauty Princess2-, Ali Sabry
- - Dear My Lovely Beauty Princess1-, Ali Sabry
- - My Poems Introduction The Romantic Poe.., Ali Sabry
- Thomas Shadwell (an intro), Yohan Confectioner
- - My Last Letter To My Lovely Beauty Lad.., Ali Sabry
- - Yesterday I Was Walking Alone On The R.., Ali Sabry
- - To My Dear Expensive-, Ali Sabry
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Stafford's Cabin, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)