Like a joy on the heart of a sorrow,
The sunset hangs on a cloud;
A golden storm of glittering sheaves,
Of fair and frail and fluttering leaves,
The wild wind blows in a cloud.
Hark to a voice that is calling
To my heart in the voice of the wind:
My heart is weary and sad and alone,
For its dreams like the fluttering leaves have gone,
And why should I stay behind?
Sarojini Naidu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Autumn Song by Sarojini Naidu )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Crashing Waves(Seas of Memories), Jason J. Yu
- Light of the Crescent Moon, Rogers Joseph Brown
- Newly Wed Thoughts, Jason J. Yu
- Composition(Concerto of Life), Jason J. Yu
- Love, Jason J. Yu
- Why abuse black?, hasmukh amathalal
- The Idler(Skin Deep), Jason J. Yu
- Cities, Jason J. Yu
- Loser, Jason J. Yu
- Poetry in Motion, Jason J. Yu