Shiny Red on my Floor
Bounteous fruit fell off the tree,
And onto my barn floor.
These fruits of mystery,
Blocked the barn door.
Shiny red on the tree,
So tempting to me,
What were they all about?
I thought maybe some philosophical theme,
Some interpretation by the farmer,
Walking through his shiny, red grove,
Painting pictures of it in his mind.
A red, shiny idea of it's kind.
Vera Sidhwa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Shiny Red on my Floor by Vera Sidhwa )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Mark Twain, Edgar Albert Guest
- Wings Of Freedom, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Unphilosophic, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Songs Of Night, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Fight Worth While, Edgar Albert Guest
- To Italy, Radclyffe Hall
- Trustful Ma, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Shattered Dream, Edgar Albert Guest
- Si Parva Licet Componere Magnis, Radclyffe Hall
- The Sympathetic Minister, Edgar Albert Guest