Shiny Red on my Floor
Bounteous fruit fell off the tree,
And onto my barn floor.
These fruits of mystery,
Blocked the barn door.
Shiny red on the tree,
So tempting to me,
What were they all about?
I thought maybe some philosophical theme,
Some interpretation by the farmer,
Walking through his shiny, red grove,
Painting pictures of it in his mind.
A red, shiny idea of it's kind.
Vera Sidhwa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Shiny Red on my Floor by Vera Sidhwa )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Yes, Mother Nature Teaches Bards..., Dr John Celes
- Tonic Pain, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- In the Absence of Light, F. J. Thomas
- Give me a drink, Diana Rosser
- White Power, F. J. Thomas
- Sweet Dreams, Sambanath Denis
- My unjust God, Nalini Chaturvedi
- continue counting me, Mandolyn ...
- the tail of poet, ademola oluwabusayo
- the way of the world, ademola oluwabusayo