Shiny Red on my Floor
Bounteous fruit fell off the tree,
And onto my barn floor.
These fruits of mystery,
Blocked the barn door.
Shiny red on the tree,
So tempting to me,
What were they all about?
I thought maybe some philosophical theme,
Some interpretation by the farmer,
Walking through his shiny, red grove,
Painting pictures of it in his mind.
A red, shiny idea of it's kind.
Vera Sidhwa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Shiny Red on my Floor by Vera Sidhwa )
- Without It Questioned, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Bane of Attraction, Anthony Edmond John
- Wandersong, Neil Kennett
- Open Me Up, I'm Present, Luva Boy
- The Poem, Neil Kennett
- Arrival of Fall, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- I Want You Woman, Luva Boy
- Almost A White Horse, mary douglas
- The Tall Ride, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Paces, Neil Kennett