I recall the memories.
I recollect the good times,
I can't express
Because what I feel is an presumption to many.
I can't help,
But feel helpless.
For what I expected turned out to be
What I expected least.
The gorgeous eyes that
Trapped no fly,
Everyday I cry
As I ask myself why.
But the answer is within me,
That I was set apart.
The so called supercilious,
Can't speak of those superficial
That of attitude
That meant more than gratitude
But now clock my facial expression,
All set apart.
Terminated in my heart
Named and called a 'what'
In social networks I am a chat.
I am set apart.
Days don't seem to be the way
They used to be.
What about so called we?
It's clear that I am now all alone,
With no cure
But my love is still pure
You were ever true
But I now have no clue,
Of what happened to you.
Brandon Nyandoro's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Set Apart by Brandon Nyandoro )
- Lewdness, Edward Kofi Louis
- Sherman Mark, Kim Barney
- Add, adduce!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Kiss Is Gone Scarce, Chukwuemeka Okonkwo
- 148. To Miss Logan, with Beattie's Poems, Robert Burns
- In Memory Of My Mother- An elegy, Natarajan Ramaseshan
- Hindi haiku 23 oct, S.D. TIWARI
- It's Me: A Woman, Afshan Fatima
- Fortress, Edward Kofi Louis
- 152. Extempore in the Court of Session, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)