Look at the people,
Together they walk
Smoothly they talk
About me they don't choke.
That moves not with the dust
That gives me trust.
That lets me laugh at last
And lets me not to live fast.
That brings me love
And peace like dove.
That went with all the pain
I welcome back my happiness
Visible to the eyes of the lord,
Towards your ways is my road
Convalescences with your rod.
No to recriminations.
Reception to the recreation my shadow
For my pride I swallow.
Morning birds glance,
As the angels dance
My picture is yet to be drawn
That glows is the dawn
Brandon Nyandoro's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My shadows by Brandon Nyandoro )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- The Mousetrap, Herbert Nehrlich
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- If You Could, Brian J. Stafford
- Melancholy of a dreamer, Jonathan De Vocht
- The snow makes me happy., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Nilgiri Tahrs., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Wild boars., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Father Damiern, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Thunder In The Distance, Susan Lacovara
- Grant me Love! Demon., Leylek D. Sovura
- Test is on, Nassy Fesharaki
- Post Script, Susan Lacovara