Little King of Sorrows
I wish to pause...
and press rewind.
Insert the words that fled my mind.
so you would know,
the man inside that didn't show.
You ran in tears
and slammed the door,
it cut me at my deepest core.
Far too soon
to feel that pain,
fear now surged through every vein.
Now on guard,
my thoughts askew.
Indifference I displayed to you.
How much I cared,
would not be shown.
Beside myself I sat alone.
The letters wrote,
I hate to see.
The heartless fool portrayed by me.
while standing firm.
Cold as ice my every term.
Each minute yearning,
for an end.
And hold you in my arms again.
this drunken spell.
My heaven melts within this hell.
My broken wings,
now on display.
I push my angel's prayers away.
Life and death,
become the same,
as a love once real is set aflame.
by what was said,
I starved you of attention pled.
Next day we chose,
to go and talk.
On broken dreams we still would walk.
The damage done,
the sting severe.
The stormy night would never clear.
A boom and shout,
in darkened room.
Our friendship finally met it's doom.
Head hung low,
I left at dawn.
One final meet and you were gone.
I wished our story,
short and sweet.
Rose like memories at your feet.
But truth be told,
I'm split in two,
from the madness that I put you through.
put to test,
I run in circles seeking rest.
I try to fly
and leave this place.
Another fall upon my face.
by a weary soul unrecognized.
© 2013 L.K.Sorrows
Little King of Sorrows's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Set Aflame by Little King of Sorrows )
- How are you hittin' it?, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- The Forsaken Tradition, ALEX OGOH
- The different images in life, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- India To Vow, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- A Touch of Fall, Rhonda Trull
- YEN, Gina Borrebach
- Geleefd, geliefd, verzonken, Madrason writer
- That coming Fall, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Set of Compromises, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- A Fundamental Fruit Of The Soul, Romella Kitchens
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- How Attractive Are You, Shaun Shane
- Daffodil, Shaun Shane
- 06 Perpetual Optimism, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- 03 a love who's just like me, Shaun Shane
- what i am, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)