Ferdinand L Quintos
September In My Hometown
ninth month of the year,
end of the lean season,
season of the monsoon.
The first month with 'ber, '
cold weather's harbinger,
though fickle is the season
and may yet bring a typhoon.
Your advent is welcomed well,
greeted with an early noel,
for lurking just in the corner
is, again, happy December.
Blame us not for starting early
preparing for Christ's nativity,
for our dear little country
is a cradle of Christianity.
Ferdinand L Quintos's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (September In My Hometown by Ferdinand L Quintos )
- The source of our pains and our sufferin.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The source of our pains and our pains an.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Comfort Of Our Dreams, David Harris
- Intellectual Designs, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Cold Night In Silence, Lilly Emery
- Knit in Infinity, Lisa Bertsch
- In Silence, Lilly Emery
- the missing truth, asma writer
- Earth tones of Arizona, David Lessard
- You're My Favorite Fix, Lilly Emery