Alan Bruce Thompson
An instant can be an eternity as I watch or gaze,
The child wrapped in his play gets lost in the haze.
The old man sits the same each day
And the dog is sleeping every which way.
We race or we glide, but time stays the same.
A second is between heartbeats, lose or gain.
When I dream, time goes slowly by,
The more we watch the seconds surely fly.
And when I sleep, whole hours go fast
And when I'm awake those moments don't last.
Alan Bruce Thompson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Second Eternity by Alan Bruce Thompson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Your Mind, Nicholas Smith
- No matter- if you, gajanan mishra
- How Long iS yOUr List of Shoulds?, Monk E. Biz
- The Love Train Rolls, chug a chug a chuga, Monk E. Biz
- Ill-fated, gajanan mishra
- An Agonizing Cry, Valsa George
- Patterns Followed On Aging Fabric, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Documenting Of Those Endeavors, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Courage, Lilly Emery
- Bijay Kant Dubey An Expert on Jayanta Ma.., Bijay Kant Dubey