Alan Bruce Thompson
An instant can be an eternity as I watch or gaze,
The child wrapped in his play gets lost in the haze.
The old man sits the same each day
And the dog is sleeping every which way.
We race or we glide, but time stays the same.
A second is between heartbeats, lose or gain.
When I dream, time goes slowly by,
The more we watch the seconds surely fly.
And when I sleep, whole hours go fast
And when I'm awake those moments don't last.
Alan Bruce Thompson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Second Eternity by Alan Bruce Thompson )
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- 'Hope' is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- It Is Called Time, Naveed Akram
- Ethical living., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Dolce Vita, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Aapko Dekh Kavita Likhne Ki Eccha Hoti H.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Poem, John Gray
- Labor as a Tulip, Karen Volkman
- Sprig of Lilac, Hyam Plutzik
- O Foreigner Girl, Say You What Is My Rel.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Cold, Luo Zhihai
- LOVE STORY, Eugene Latumbo