Alan Bruce Thompson
An instant can be an eternity as I watch or gaze,
The child wrapped in his play gets lost in the haze.
The old man sits the same each day
And the dog is sleeping every which way.
We race or we glide, but time stays the same.
A second is between heartbeats, lose or gain.
When I dream, time goes slowly by,
The more we watch the seconds surely fly.
And when I sleep, whole hours go fast
And when I'm awake those moments don't last.
Alan Bruce Thompson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Second Eternity by Alan Bruce Thompson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- strayed desires, Asma Riaz Khan
- Kill me............, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Let me salute you, gajanan mishra
- Life is Beautiful, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- Changing Landscapes Of Time, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- should i add this to our Irish stew?, Mandolyn ...
- Reflections, Nero CaroZiv
- The shadow in my garden, Piyush Dey
- Something and something, gajanan mishra
- OUR PAINS AND OUR SUFFERINGS, MOHAMMAD SKATI