Alan Bruce Thompson
Officially blind means that my eyes cannot see,
For a blindman to see, I must use other parts of me.
The eyes of my ears see the sounds of the day,
The eyes of my nose see the fresh mown hay.
The eyes of my tongue see the taste of the fruit,
The eyes of my fingers see the feel of my suit.
When the lights go out, I’m the one that can see,
The blind leading the one-eyed is the history of history.
Alan Bruce Thompson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Seeing Blind by Alan Bruce Thompson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Immersing Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Ruled By Share Values, Terence G. Craddock
- Forgive Me Lord, The Oracle
- Earth's Greediest Ruling Government?, Terence G. Craddock
- She's The Devil and I am Her Sin, A.j. Binash
- depths within the shallows, Metaphorically Speaking
- You are leading being the head, gajanan mishra
- Chasing Rainbows, Rachel Nichols
- Rasta bhoole nahi thhe, ANJALI KAKATI
- Without Purpose Or Reason Affixed, Lawrence S. Pertillar