Sculpture of Democracy
A sculpture that makes the earthen icon,
And put on sale for the earning,
The meagre amount for the family,
Earns to burn the stove
For the twisting intestine,
When Icon put on that house;
Becomes a Lord
To have a glance,
Sculpture stood in a queue;
Fades his lively hue,
Knells and begs, the Sculpture,
Cry and tears of no use
But Icon shows their sceptre,
We think and forget;
‘We are sufferer of forgetfulness’
Who cares the days behind?
‘A folly of human mind’
We the sculpture of democracy,
And our representative,
A king with sceptre.
Aftab Alam's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sculpture of Democracy by Aftab Alam )
Did you read them?
- The CPI(M) , The Aim & Motive of It (The.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Rings I Have Worn, Susan Lacovara
- Is The CPI(M) Itself Good And Gentle?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A daily fun!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Ray of Hope, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- National flag., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Examined, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trance in the rain, Nassy Fesharaki
- Azal se mauzood hoon..., Azhar Sabri
- Time Chases Me, Neela Nath