Everyday, we struggle.
For food, for shelter, we tussle.
Alot, for the cash solve jackpot puzzle.
Old, young, younger, everyone hustle.
Tirelessly in the flaming sun we walk,
Headed to a land of no rest; Our place of work.
For us teachers, we just talk on and talk,
While them bankers count the cash with long ties worn.
We struggle everyday,
And from our pocket, a penny each day.
Fearless of death, careless of health, we make our day.
Sleep with an eye, while the other watch the sun's ray.
The sun is yet alive, but we've begun marching.
Teachers, keep on talking,
Hawkers, never cease walking.
With just one thing in mind in all our doing;
That there is no rest
Till you in peace rest.
So you do your best,
And leave to God, the rest.
Toheeb Tiamiyu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Restless by Toheeb Tiamiyu )
- A ship, hasmukh amathalal
- The Daughter of the Earth- 22, gajanan mishra
- The Daughter of the Earth - 21, gajanan mishra
- Self - Raising, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sunshine In Your Eyes, Eleonor Santiago
- Run, run, run and running, gajanan mishra
- Run, run, run, gajanan mishra
- What About Tomorrow, Claude H Oliver II
- My Time, Claude H Oliver II
- The ball, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)