Everyday, we struggle.
For food, for shelter, we tussle.
Alot, for the cash solve jackpot puzzle.
Old, young, younger, everyone hustle.
Tirelessly in the flaming sun we walk,
Headed to a land of no rest; Our place of work.
For us teachers, we just talk on and talk,
While them bankers count the cash with long ties worn.
We struggle everyday,
And from our pocket, a penny each day.
Fearless of death, careless of health, we make our day.
Sleep with an eye, while the other watch the sun's ray.
The sun is yet alive, but we've begun marching.
Teachers, keep on talking,
Hawkers, never cease walking.
With just one thing in mind in all our doing;
That there is no rest
Till you in peace rest.
So you do your best,
And leave to God, the rest.
Toheeb Tiamiyu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Restless by Toheeb Tiamiyu )
- Return of the Friend, Mohja Kahf
- On The Run In The Dream, Albert Martin
- My Grandmother Washes Her Feet in the Si.., Mohja Kahf
- Joan Rivers, Ima Ryma
- First October Twentieth Fourteen, Tony Adah
- تحية طيبة, خليل مردم بك
- Happy Writer, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- هذا وربك مثوى كل إنسان, خليل مردم بك
- Scars Never Heal, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Closed Doors, Omar Eldamsheety
Poem of the Day
(July 15 1964)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Viggo Stuckenberg
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
- Heather Burns