Friends in times of sorrow,
Will stay and remember you of tomorrow.
The atlantic ocean with friends becomes shallow.
The bones of hardship shall they with you swallow.
Who if not your friends shall give you joy?
In your striving shall they also toil,
And their success you all will enjoy.
In silence they remain till you till the soil,
For they know you will at last get oil.
Friends are people of happiness,
They believe in nothing but togetherness.
Their hobby since ages is love and truthfulness.
Without friends you are helpless,
Your cry they understand and come to bless.
Friends will always trust and co-operate.
As close as the moon and stars they co-relate.
For those with friends I congratulate.
Some people are vexed to see friends celebrate.
But till Thy kingdom comes shall we jubilate.
Friends like my friends.
Toheeb Tiamiyu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
The poem was inspired by and is dedicated to my best friend Ayo Bella Mariposa Abiola
Comments about this poem (Friends by Toheeb Tiamiyu )
- SHE - a love poem, Thomas Kay
- Upon Me, Edward Kofi Louis
- Global Pie-in-the-sky, stephen ifill
- Fifty Percent, Tom Higgins
- Yamine, Edward Kofi Louis
- I want eyes, Nassy Fesharaki
- One More For The Road., Tom Higgins
- We don't accept anything anytime...., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Tread, read!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Against A Stone, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)