Friends in times of sorrow,
Will stay and remember you of tomorrow.
The atlantic ocean with friends becomes shallow.
The bones of hardship shall they with you swallow.
Who if not your friends shall give you joy?
In your striving shall they also toil,
And their success you all will enjoy.
In silence they remain till you till the soil,
For they know you will at last get oil.
Friends are people of happiness,
They believe in nothing but togetherness.
Their hobby since ages is love and truthfulness.
Without friends you are helpless,
Your cry they understand and come to bless.
Friends will always trust and co-operate.
As close as the moon and stars they co-relate.
For those with friends I congratulate.
Some people are vexed to see friends celebrate.
But till Thy kingdom comes shall we jubilate.
Friends like my friends.
Toheeb Tiamiyu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
The poem was inspired by and is dedicated to my best friend Ayo Bella Mariposa Abiola
Comments about this poem (Friends by Toheeb Tiamiyu )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
Poem of the Day
- Moving Out, Adriana Avila
- The Main Ingredient, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Missing From Action, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- 12 Poems (English) from the Poetry Hat, sheena blackhall
- Owl & Handbag, sheena blackhall
- Lighthouse, sheena blackhall
- Human Touch, Mark R Slaughter
- Fishing Village, sheena blackhall
- Skull, Mark R Slaughter
- La Plonge, sheena blackhall