Lawrence S. Pertillar
Relishing The Success
If a need wished and wanted,
Has come to be granted...
To the one that is fed,
Those standing by...
Repeating their misdeeds to tease,
Are the ones missing a chance to recognize...
Their own opportunities,
With hopes their efforts impedes...
Someone they believe is not aware,
Of what it is being sought to seek...
A satisfying achievement.
'We did it.
We denied him being mentioned,
To be among the top ten.'
How can we be sure,
He has become more pleased...
By not receiving the attention? ~
'That is ridiculous.'
And how can you be so sure of this?
His smile is broader than it was before.~
'That's just a tactic used to confuse us.'
From my observation,
It seems he is relishing the success.
With others impressed,
By his lack of seeking our attention.~
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Relishing The Success by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -55, Ronjoy Brahma
- Son of Truth, gajanan mishra
- False redemption, hasmukh amathalal
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -54, Ronjoy Brahma
- Of Apple Pie and Golden Bands, Monk E. Biz
- Poetic Vows, Sandra Feldman
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -53, Ronjoy Brahma
- emotions, laxami Cards
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -52, Ronjoy Brahma
- Public Limited Company Scrap Heap Sold, Terence G. Craddock