Lawrence S. Pertillar
Relishing The Success
If a need wished and wanted,
Has come to be granted...
To the one that is fed,
Those standing by...
Repeating their misdeeds to tease,
Are the ones missing a chance to recognize...
Their own opportunities,
With hopes their efforts impedes...
Someone they believe is not aware,
Of what it is being sought to seek...
A satisfying achievement.
'We did it.
We denied him being mentioned,
To be among the top ten.'
How can we be sure,
He has become more pleased...
By not receiving the attention? ~
'That is ridiculous.'
And how can you be so sure of this?
His smile is broader than it was before.~
'That's just a tactic used to confuse us.'
From my observation,
It seems he is relishing the success.
With others impressed,
By his lack of seeking our attention.~
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Relishing The Success by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- You're The Best..., Almedia Knight Oliver
- Only In My Dreams (Regional Korea), Ronald Chapman
- Being Realistic, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Countless tears., Marcondes Pereira
- Unrest Soul: Dark minds, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- me &the dragon, gordon nosworthy
- A Free Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Dissolved, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Go boothward young doves, moez meftah
- To Someone Special On Poemhunter, Electric Lady
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)