Lawrence S. Pertillar
Relishing The Success
If a need wished and wanted,
Has come to be granted...
To the one that is fed,
Those standing by...
Repeating their misdeeds to tease,
Are the ones missing a chance to recognize...
Their own opportunities,
With hopes their efforts impedes...
Someone they believe is not aware,
Of what it is being sought to seek...
A satisfying achievement.
'We did it.
We denied him being mentioned,
To be among the top ten.'
How can we be sure,
He has become more pleased...
By not receiving the attention? ~
'That is ridiculous.'
And how can you be so sure of this?
His smile is broader than it was before.~
'That's just a tactic used to confuse us.'
From my observation,
It seems he is relishing the success.
With others impressed,
By his lack of seeking our attention.~
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Relishing The Success by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- Idle mind at rest, hasmukh amathalal
- Against nature, gajanan mishra
- Train, Foster Teegarden
- Inspiration (Haiku), Toshie Nohara
- Rain In Summer, Neela Nath
- Friendship is made by God, gajanan mishra
- Friend, JAMES T. ADAIR
- You'll Never Know, Akhtar Jawad
- Resource less, hasmukh amathalal
- Teaching - A Satisfying Experience, Joseph T. Renaldi
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Percy Bysshe Shelley