Lawrence S. Pertillar
Relishing The Success
If a need wished and wanted,
Has come to be granted...
To the one that is fed,
Those standing by...
Repeating their misdeeds to tease,
Are the ones missing a chance to recognize...
Their own opportunities,
With hopes their efforts impedes...
Someone they believe is not aware,
Of what it is being sought to seek...
A satisfying achievement.
'We did it.
We denied him being mentioned,
To be among the top ten.'
How can we be sure,
He has become more pleased...
By not receiving the attention? ~
'That is ridiculous.'
And how can you be so sure of this?
His smile is broader than it was before.~
'That's just a tactic used to confuse us.'
From my observation,
It seems he is relishing the success.
With others impressed,
By his lack of seeking our attention.~
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Relishing The Success by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Ikaw lang, Jesus James Llorico
- SEASONS' PRETTY CLOTHES, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Daily Grind, Charles Hice
- Winter (HAIKU), Shqipe Prence
- The Real Robber, Monojit Chatterjee
- Untitle II, Seira LNlee94
- Robbin Williams - RIP, krishnakumar chandrasekar nair
- Body and Spirit, Mwenyeji Spikes
- Abiding In Forgiveness, Mwenyeji Spikes
- A SPECIAL LANGUAGE, MOHAMMAD SKATI