Rain In My Heart
I am walking in the rain as so many people do
Letting the rain refresh me as I thought of you
The rain erasing all doubts from my mind
Knowing you’re one of a kind.
Your love like a pearl in an oyster shell
Is worth more than man can tell.
GIRL! Your love became like an eternal fire
Filling all my hearts desires.
I am giving in – can’t take it any more
My life has changed since you walked out that door.
I’ve had lonely days and sleepless nights
No more “WILL” left to fight.
Why did I hurt you the way I did
When you had so much love to give.
There is a torrential “rain in my heart”
And I’m praying for a brand new start.
Will you forgive me and take me in
Like you would a long lost friend.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Rain In My Heart by louis rams )
- Invocation of Rain, Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu
- Harness Racing (Poem), Doris Beaulieu
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 4, ramesh rai
- Light vs Smoke, Adele Bercich
- Just the beginning of that pretty Fall ف.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Fulani and His Cattle, Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu
- LOVE, DRASHI SHAH
- LITTLE DREAM, DRASHI SHAH
- Together Alone, S. I. Rednow
- HOLDING HANDS.., DRASHI SHAH
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(3rd April 19sixty)
(17 June 1867 – 2 September 1922)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)