Lawrence S. Pertillar
Quick To Stop To Adapt And Adopt
Memories to believe mean more to me,
Than sitting to reminisce and not experience...
That which I missed,
But had not occurred in my life just yet.
With wishes I had developed the nerve,
To do what I could have done...
But didn't do because of fear,
Like many do who refuse with excuses...
To move with a making of things to happen.
Although quick to stop to adapt,
And adopt the impossible with doubts.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Quick To Stop To Adapt And Adopt by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(3rd April 19sixty)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Christmas Joy, Anderson Green
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
Poem of the Day
- Beautiful flower, gajanan mishra
- A Fool, crystal ruth
- The Game, douglas scotney
- Cover Me With You, George Dee Vuy
- Loss In A Mirror, Naveed Akram
- Angelwalk 2, Mr. Spock
- Nine Views of the Huang Shang, Paul Hartal
- Died Eagle, Nassy Fesharaki
- Calm Days'll Arrive, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Aches Of Mermen, Naveed Akram