Precious moments come to you.
They seem to arrive right out of the blue.
They arrive when you least expect them
And surprise you and you smile.
Oh if only you could keep them
For longer than a little while.
I've often wondered how long they will stay?
Will they stay with me or just go away?
Some are small little things that grow
Inside your memory and soon you know
That these moments in time will last.
You keep them close but soon they're the past.
As you age you tend to forget
And then something triggers them and you get
Flashbacks of when they did appear.
They're precious because again they're here
Some you can capture and some are gone.
The ones you remember, those moments live on.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Precious Moments by Edwina Reizer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- beautiful girl nice face, lee fones
- Let's Have A Party!, mary douglas
- Another Day, Another Dawn, Jen Toner
- Courage, Jen Toner
- A Symbol Of Hope, Jen Toner
- To Those Who Grieve, Jen Toner
- I Am Always With You, Jen Toner
- I Am Not There, Jen Toner
- An Angel For A Friend, Jen Toner
- Hobble About Lame, Richard Thripp