Precious moments come to you.
They seem to arrive right out of the blue.
They arrive when you least expect them
And surprise you and you smile.
Oh if only you could keep them
For longer than a little while.
I've often wondered how long they will stay?
Will they stay with me or just go away?
Some are small little things that grow
Inside your memory and soon you know
That these moments in time will last.
You keep them close but soon they're the past.
As you age you tend to forget
And then something triggers them and you get
Flashbacks of when they did appear.
They're precious because again they're here
Some you can capture and some are gone.
The ones you remember, those moments live on.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Precious Moments by Edwina Reizer )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- A Dance Is A Poem Gesturted Through, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Salvage, appiah japheth
- Sitting In The Park, Paul Gerard Reed
- I wish for peace and not war pieces, Juwon Daniel
- Life is more than anything else, gajanan mishra
- DJ, The Making of A DJ, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Innocent heart, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I'll Be Here, Michael P. McParland
- Kitchen Charade, Nicole C Esbach
- &, Nicole C Esbach