Precious moments come to you.
They seem to arrive right out of the blue.
They arrive when you least expect them
And surprise you and you smile.
Oh if only you could keep them
For longer than a little while.
I've often wondered how long they will stay?
Will they stay with me or just go away?
Some are small little things that grow
Inside your memory and soon you know
That these moments in time will last.
You keep them close but soon they're the past.
As you age you tend to forget
And then something triggers them and you get
Flashbacks of when they did appear.
They're precious because again they're here
Some you can capture and some are gone.
The ones you remember, those moments live on.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Precious Moments by Edwina Reizer )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Tazkera–e-bewafa …………, shaik sahal
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
Poem of the Day
- Spiritual Musings, Margaret Alice Second
- Moonboot Came Off, Margaret Alice Second
- Five Liner. Remorse, Valsa George
- Hymn To Morning, Naveed Khalid
- A NIGHT OF INCANTATIONS, Bayo Adebowale
- A Walk In The Woods, Michael Webb
- A Song Of Joys, Walt Whitman
- Fließendes Grün, Floy Dy (Floyd) Ra (Floydson)
- Release yourself, Elena Ioannou
- BETCHE SAID PATIENCE, ANTHONY KIRUI