Prasadam is specifically prepared for God
Food that is first offered
To God is considered sacred
Prasadam means the Mercy of the Lord.
Prasadam is karma – free food
Since it is sanctified by God
It is offered to satisfy our Lord
Remembering that He supplies all good.
When we prepare and offer food
Specifically for our Lord God
Partaking of the food by the God
Happens and leaves the remnant food.
On preparing and eating
Prasadam, we thank Him for every thing
He has done for us—with praying
That we will ever remember Him singing.
Prasadam is in nature auspicious
Hence is distributed to devotees
The sanctified food agrees
And the partaking people it pleases.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (*Prasadam by chandra thiagarajan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- A pan fried fish…?, Mark Heathcote
- The Persecuted, Sandra Feldman
- wedding day, ademola oluwabusayo
- Dream the moon, Somanathan Iyer
- आंनि देरा, Bahadur Basumatary
- Oh Israel, Michael Shutt
- We Lost Our Run, Rites Ghosh
- Left are the words unspoken, Aditi Khandelwal
- Poetry, Tony Adah
- For Carl Harrison (My Life Long Friend), Dave Alan Walker