Power of Good Thoughts
The strength of the body
with the diseases
hidden in the body.
The strength of the mind
with the senses
of desire, fear, lust,
anger and jealousy
hidden in the mind.
One must delve deep down
such untoward thoughts
The real truth
will then be realized.
Mind can then reach
to the things and lives
of the world outside.
Our thoughts then
devolve on others’ hearts
and abide there.
As per our thoughts- -
the world outside appears to us!
Good and pure thoughts
kind and virtuous thoughts
restitute all the goodness
In the world!
chandra thiagarajan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Power of Good Thoughts by chandra thiagarajan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- What a curtain Bisbee has, Amy Michelle Mosier
- The Shockers, Sandra Feldman
- Rather than talking to walls, Amy Michelle Mosier
- July 11,1991, Amy Michelle Mosier
- Like a sparkling Roman candle, Amy Michelle Mosier
- Bless each palo verde bloom -, Amy Michelle Mosier
- Inner Abilities, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Old age doesn't exist for all, Amy Michelle Mosier
- On Havana's white shore -, Amy Michelle Mosier
- I have nothing to offer, Amy Michelle Mosier