Joseph James Breunig 3rd
Poem: Upon this Altar
O my Lord, help me with my request:
Set up Your permanent altar in my life.
Form the foundation of this altar,
with the unhewn rock of my stony heart,
since it represents the many hardships
of lack-luster, life experiences.
Organize these mundane rock fragments,
in a manner that is pleasing to You.
With this personal and secret platform,
I desire to commune with Thee frequently,
for it's not for religious show or ceremony.
For my heart is still sacred territory,
not to be shared with the vain things,
that keep us needlessly separated.
And lastly Lord, I humbly ask that You
anoint this altar with the consecrated oil
of the Holy Spirit's presence,
so that my life… remains faithful.
Loosely based on:
Eze 11: 19-20,36: 25-29a; Psa 73: 25-26; Prov 23: 15
Learn more about me and my poetry at:
By Joseph J. Breunig 3rd, © 2013, All rights reserved.
Joseph James Breunig 3rd's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poem: Upon this Altar by Joseph James Breunig 3rd )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Fallout from the War on Women, Donal Mahoney
- ETERNALITY, Satish Verma
- Rape, gajanan mishra
- In the End, Gandhi and King Were Murdered, Lawrence Beck
- Love's labor lost, PRIYANKA BHANDARKAR
- mens sana in corpore sano -a healthy mi.., Sadiqullah Khan
- Do not leave us, Sadiqullah Khan
- Regal Grace, Sadiqullah Khan
- Another Lesson Learned, Danielle Mari Nidea
- A Birthday Wish, Adonis Enricuso