Joseph James Breunig 3rd
Poem: Spiritual Secret (Power of Words)
Most fail to understand the spiritual secret,
regarding the true power of the human tongue.
Proper and improper usage of its strength, allows
one to create consequences, that are far flung.
Consider the idea of words as ‘containers’,
housing both creative and destructive powers.
For even God is bound (Scripturally) by His Word.
Learn to alter your speech, starting this very hour.
Although you’re free to choose what is spoken,
allow your lips to be completely free of guile;
be disciplined and utter Biblical truths regularly
to avoid Satan’s ageless traps of worrisome trials.
The Godly principle of ‘sowing and reaping’,
demonstrates that our words have responsibility attached;
the unleashing of power may be initially unseen,
but either acts of good or evil have been dispatched.
Will you decide to edify and exhort souls today
or unwittingly deflate the spirit of others?
Can you be slow to speak and quick to listen?
Will you help or harm… your sisters and brothers?
Don’t let unnecessary, careless words fall onto the ground;
speak with kindness, thoughts, that are Scripturally sound.
Loosely based on:
Jam 1: 26; 1 Pet 3: 10; John 10: 10; Phil 4: 6-7; Prov 15: 23
By Joseph J. Breunig 3rd, © 2013, All rights reserved.
Joseph James Breunig 3rd's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poem: Spiritual Secret (Power of Words) by Joseph James Breunig 3rd )
- Silent Witness, James coupland
- A happy Farmer Family, Nishchal Ningleku
- Yes and no two words, gajanan mishra
- sister forever, yolandey breedt
- Diya (Reposted), DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Life is better shared, belinda mrwebi
- What Is It?, Leloudia Migdali
- Wald, Paola Degli Esposti
- Sex Ed, Betsy Sholl
- Creamer Quest, Antonio Liao
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)