Joseph James Breunig 3rd
Poem: Spiritual Secret (Power of Words)
Most fail to understand the spiritual secret,
regarding the true power of the human tongue.
Proper and improper usage of its strength, allows
one to create consequences, that are far flung.
Consider the idea of words as ‘containers’,
housing both creative and destructive powers.
For even God is bound (Scripturally) by His Word.
Learn to alter your speech, starting this very hour.
Although you’re free to choose what is spoken,
allow your lips to be completely free of guile;
be disciplined and utter Biblical truths regularly
to avoid Satan’s ageless traps of worrisome trials.
The Godly principle of ‘sowing and reaping’,
demonstrates that our words have responsibility attached;
the unleashing of power may be initially unseen,
but either acts of good or evil have been dispatched.
Will you decide to edify and exhort souls today
or unwittingly deflate the spirit of others?
Can you be slow to speak and quick to listen?
Will you help or harm… your sisters and brothers?
Don’t let unnecessary, careless words fall onto the ground;
speak with kindness, thoughts, that are Scripturally sound.
Loosely based on:
Jam 1: 26; 1 Pet 3: 10; John 10: 10; Phil 4: 6-7; Prov 15: 23
By Joseph J. Breunig 3rd, © 2013, All rights reserved.
Joseph James Breunig 3rd's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poem: Spiritual Secret (Power of Words) by Joseph James Breunig 3rd )
- Surprising Ideas, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Endless Sea, Curtlan Popo
- Hoping For The Best, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 'what color is it? ' they thought, after.., Mandolyn ...
- mary the narcoleptic shepherd, joni frog
- First Encounter - khairy Jamaluddin, john tiong chunghoo
- Laugh And Chuckle, Harold R Hunt Sr
- In success, hasmukh amathalal
- You are not allowed, gajanan mishra
- Liaison, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)