RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Pioneering souls of yesterday's untold strife,
waysiding pools of heretofore uncollected data.
Reverberating totally throughout ages of long
lost history, parading quietly in pages of recent
Details not fully given, because no one knows for
sure what happened so long ago.
Trudging slowly, forming circles at times, folding
in upon centuries of untold eons.
Related now in oft' told stories, relying on the
word of mouth, oratory.
Fascinating trails along mountainous ravines,
striding with ever-widening beliefs, to arrive
intact at estimated destinations.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Pioneers by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- Idling mind., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Using Both Sides Of A Brain, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- hakuna matata, Luv Artem
- Silent Horizons, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Continuing Inspiration, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A.Blok, Three letters - 1- translation (.., Lyudmila Purgina
- last trail, Vian Sabri
- You shot..., Lyudmila Purgina
- A.Blok, A black raven...- translation (r.., Lyudmila Purgina
- Making Sure, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- An Almost Made Up Poem, Charles Bukowski
- Television, Roald Dahl
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)