RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Pioneering souls of yesterday's untold strife,
waysiding pools of heretofore uncollected data.
Reverberating totally throughout ages of long
lost history, parading quietly in pages of recent
Details not fully given, because no one knows for
sure what happened so long ago.
Trudging slowly, forming circles at times, folding
in upon centuries of untold eons.
Related now in oft' told stories, relying on the
word of mouth, oratory.
Fascinating trails along mountainous ravines,
striding with ever-widening beliefs, to arrive
intact at estimated destinations.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Pioneers by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- Gap Between Dying And Living, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Senryu As They Float, Heather Burns
- Senryu Our Lives, Heather Burns
- Water, Water, Harley White
- Heart's Remembrance, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Oldest Daughters, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Behind my curtain, Barbara Dixion
- Facebook / Anonymous, Kewayne Wadley
- Senryu Searching, Heather Burns
- Lost, Maya Hanson (mye3)
Poem of the Day
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Eldorado, Edgar Allan Poe
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns