RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Path Of Reminiscence
Sitting here at Encanto Park, remembering when I was
just eleven - the first time I ever came here with
my Mom and Dad.
Favorite ride was the airplane that went around and
up and down.
Still remember the feeling it gave me back then.
Seeing the roller coaster, same one - going around
in a little circle.
I was afraid way back when because I'd never been on
After the third time around, I finally settled down -
then didn't want to get off.
So many memories falling gently upon my mind.
Feeling the feelings and senses still within my
photographic mind of being with my parents and sisters.
A wonderful path of reminiscence on a day of beautiful
memories being made with my seven year old
Granddaughter and her Dad.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Path Of Reminiscence by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- In Living Memory (11-22-63), John F. McCullagh
- Music, Fatima Nusairat
- what swanky sap is this?, Mandolyn ...
- Natural, David Chap Bottoms
- I end poem, hasmukh amathalal
- here's my armadillo, now get me a pillow.., Mandolyn ...
- A, Vera Sidhwa
- With her ability, hasmukh amathalal
- Inhuman way, hasmukh amathalal
- THERE IS…, michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)