RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Remembering titles from yesterday, knowing where I heard each song first.
Walking through the desert, going to high school, wanting to stay where all living creatures hid without going to school.
Yet, always doing what was right, never veering from the straight and narrow pathway that I was taught to follow from birth.
Parents being treated with respect and trying my best to not make them worry about me through the years of their life as they waited for me to grow up.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Parents Waiting by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
(c. 1343 – 25 October 1400)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
((13 March 1941 – 9 August 2008)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(30th November 1991)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Return of The Romantic, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Longest Night, Nassy Fesharaki
- The Tiger, William Blake
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Life of Love, Moriah Schutt
- SONNET IV, Sir Toby Moses
- Love is Complicated, Moriah Schutt
- Let Me Be With My Conscience, Abdulrazak Aralimatti
- That you are beautiful, Gert Strydom
- Morning, Gert Strydom
- Niagara's Yulia, Nassy Fesharaki
- SONNET III, Sir Toby Moses
- during eve of next moment..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Eliot, Your Modern Hollow Men, Bijay Kant Dubey