RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Remembering titles from yesterday, knowing where I heard each song first.
Walking through the desert, going to high school, wanting to stay where all living creatures hid without going to school.
Yet, always doing what was right, never veering from the straight and narrow pathway that I was taught to follow from birth.
Parents being treated with respect and trying my best to not make them worry about me through the years of their life as they waited for me to grow up.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Parents Waiting by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- < He >, Aparna Chatterjee
- Never Losing Sight, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Collectively Protecting America, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Do You Know? Kangaroo., Ima Ryma
- Soap, Sharry Lee
- Blue flowers, Cee Bea
- With Out Your Love I Must Leave, Is It Poetry
- The Importance Of Us, Toheeb Tiamiyu
- Not A Conqueror, Toheeb Tiamiyu
- Ara Oko, Tosin Abegunde
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- November, Thomas Hood
- I Would Live In Your Love, Sara Teasdale
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- She is a hot teen, SWEET LOVER
- I wish I could, Gouda Moon
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)