Hands that will never meet
Lips that will never hold the moment
My mind cant reason
Yet my heart bears the torment
The feeling is no season
The pillow can tell the strides of emotion
Like a wave rising
This feeling causes emotional commotion
The ground I'm walking on is blazing
The life I live alone is a concoction.
Skin that will never feel
Hearts that will never simultaneously beat
My body yearns you to heal
Sincerely you're the light to my world
The beat to my heart for so long long you've held
Tick tock the clock spoke
Of stories that gave me horror
My heart was covered with a cloak
I only hope yours would come closer
Thoughts about you I cant block.
With equal distance apart
You still set my passion ablaze
Making me believe that
Inbetween us there is a haze
I was hoping this would be a phase
But it has lasted too many days.
Its Parallel Affection.
Sinomhlobo Marwanqa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Parallel Affection by Sinomhlobo Marwanqa )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(563 BCE - 483 BCE)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Familiar Letter, Oliver Wendell Holmes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Wedding Anniversary Wishes -Bhaiya Bhabh.., Priya Arora
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- One Art, Elizabeth Bishop
Poem of the Day
- Birthday, Gunde Narsing Rao
- Devil, Emranor Reja
- Elegy for Tomorrow, Jahred Bertolfo
- In a way all are slaves., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- To vent anger, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Fate, Free Will and God, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Love Note 13, Michael P. McParland
- Many Good Reasons To Cry, Bill Galvin
- Committing To A Cause, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Webs Of Fantasy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak