Every second it beats.
Yet I cant feel a difference from the one before
If it happens I ascend and leave the current and go to the permanent what happens to the beat.
Does it live on?
It left me as I gasped continuously.
It lived in me and me by it
No reason can I think of besides wanting to be alone, resting from the crowds.
In this maze I cant find my way back.
Engaging in a soliloquy they heard me and tried to stop me.
Unfortunately it was meant to happen
The joy, sadness and love I made you feel.
You will no longer for I have ascended to a better place.
One I am welcome in. A place unknown to the living is better than home.
I still look down and I'm nostalgic but nothings says I must return.
It is because of fate.
And because of fate it is.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Leaving by Sinomhlobo Marwanqa )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Answering The Usual Questions, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Cure, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Peace Makers, Tony Adah
- amazing grace of nature, thanishq kokare
- Copy Paper, Edgar Albert Guest
- Autumn Evenings, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Lost Purse, Edgar Albert Guest
- Mother's Party Dress, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Comedian, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Evening Prayer, Edgar Albert Guest