Every second it beats.
Yet I cant feel a difference from the one before
If it happens I ascend and leave the current and go to the permanent what happens to the beat.
Does it live on?
It left me as I gasped continuously.
It lived in me and me by it
No reason can I think of besides wanting to be alone, resting from the crowds.
In this maze I cant find my way back.
Engaging in a soliloquy they heard me and tried to stop me.
Unfortunately it was meant to happen
The joy, sadness and love I made you feel.
You will no longer for I have ascended to a better place.
One I am welcome in. A place unknown to the living is better than home.
I still look down and I'm nostalgic but nothings says I must return.
It is because of fate.
And because of fate it is.
Sinomhlobo Marwanqa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Leaving by Sinomhlobo Marwanqa )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Bicker and Swear, Donal Mahoney
- Put God First, Robert Barnett
- Te Amé Desde el Primer de los Días, Hebert Logerie
- Scales falling, Angell Afinowi
- About the Armadillo, Angell Afinowi
- Leprosy at the birthday Party, Angell Afinowi
- The Journey, Alvin Mingle
- Darling, Anthony Di'anno
- Bright Shades of Life, Rohit Sapra
- Tolstoy's Lament, Bill Lindsay