Every second it beats.
Yet I cant feel a difference from the one before
If it happens I ascend and leave the current and go to the permanent what happens to the beat.
Does it live on?
It left me as I gasped continuously.
It lived in me and me by it
No reason can I think of besides wanting to be alone, resting from the crowds.
In this maze I cant find my way back.
Engaging in a soliloquy they heard me and tried to stop me.
Unfortunately it was meant to happen
The joy, sadness and love I made you feel.
You will no longer for I have ascended to a better place.
One I am welcome in. A place unknown to the living is better than home.
I still look down and I'm nostalgic but nothings says I must return.
It is because of fate.
And because of fate it is.
Sinomhlobo Marwanqa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Leaving by Sinomhlobo Marwanqa )
- I choose nature to you, Vidura Prabhath
- [FIVE] - of roses in a decaying memory, Lenny Orlando Camacho
- My Winter Bed, BARRY WYATT JR.
- Forget You Not, Forget You Not, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love Me, Love Me, You Just Love Me, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The sweetest song, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Be logic., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Loving Me, Leave Me Not, Desert You Not,.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- L'amour est un Triste Caméléon, Hebert Logerie
- स्वप्न, dhirajkumar taksande
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns