Dr.V.K. Kanniappan (17.10.1944 / Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India)
Palatial house without a lovable and virtuous wife!
Beautiful clouds hovering in the sky,
Above the high roofed rich palace by,
With respectable, safe and strong fort around,
Extremely decorated, well illuminated
And glittering with lights!
What is the use?
If the man who lives there
Has no lovable and virtuous wife
To maintain that palatial house!
In such a case,
The palatial house appears
Like a wild, dense forest,
That can’t be seen by the eyes!
Maintaining such a house
Without a virtuous housewife
Will be devoid of good people,
Children, guests and relatives,
Yes! It is nothing but a forest!
Poet Other Poems
- A beautiful portrait! -Haiku
- A Brahman Wins By Tactics
- A Day When The Food Eaten All Alone
- A dumb person having a dream!
- A Favor Done To Men Of Knowledge and Vir...
- A Feeling Of Euphoria In The Fertile Fie...
- A Good Modern Poem
- A Guava fruit a day
- A house with a deferring wife becomes a ...
- A learned person shall not eat the food ...
- A Lover Is Perplexed At Seeing His Fianc...
- A married wife who is disobedient to the...
- A Person Who Does Not Skip Moral Values!
- A Person Who Is Superior To The Holy Pe...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem 'Palatial house without a lovable and virtuous wife! ' is a translation of a poem from Tamil literature 'Naalatiyaar'.
மழைதிளைக்கு மாடமாய் மாண்பமைந்த காப்பாய்
இழைவிளக்கு நின்றமைப்பின் என்னாம்? -விழைதக்க
மாண்ட மனையாளை யில்லாதான் இல்லகம்
காண்டற் கரியதோர் காடு.361 நாலடியார் - அதிகாரம்: பன்னெறி