Palatial house without a lovable and virtuous wife!
Beautiful clouds hovering in the sky,
Above the high roofed rich palace by,
With respectable, safe and strong fort around,
Extremely decorated, well illuminated
And glittering with lights!
What is the use?
If the man who lives there
Has no lovable and virtuous wife
To maintain that palatial house!
In such a case,
The palatial house appears
Like a wild, dense forest,
That can’t be seen by the eyes!
Maintaining such a house
Without a virtuous housewife
Will be devoid of good people,
Children, guests and relatives,
Yes! It is nothing but a forest!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem 'Palatial house without a lovable and virtuous wife! ' is a translation of a poem from Tamil literature 'Naalatiyaar'.
மழைதிளைக்கு மாடமாய் மாண்பமைந்த காப்பாய்
இழைவிளக்கு நின்றமைப்பின் என்னாம்? -விழைதக்க
மாண்ட மனையாளை யில்லாதான் இல்லகம்
காண்டற் கரியதோர் காடு.361 நாலடியார் - அதிகாரம்: பன்னெறி
Comments about this poem (Palatial house without a lovable and virtuous wife! by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- FOR ALL BELIEVERS, Tom Zart
- Sibling Oath, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- one hundred and twenty two miles, days, .., Mandolyn ...
- Godwin's Farm, Naveed Khalid
- The Neighbor Prayer, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- Diplomacy, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Comet, Naveed Khalid
- Jumbled Sewing Basket, Green And White W.., mary douglas
- Hospitality (Section 9 of Thirukural), rajendran muthiah
- Crushed, Gergana Teofilova