Tu Fu (712-770 / Gong County / China)
Overnight at the Riverside Tower
Evening colors linger on mountain paths.
Out beyond this study perched over River Gate,
At the cliff's edge, frail clouds stay
All night. Among waves, a lone, shuddering
Moon. As cranes trail off in flight, silent,
Wolves snarl over their kill. I brood on
Our wars, sleepless here and, to right
A relentless Heaven and Earth, powerless.
Poet Other Poems
- Alone, Looking for Blossoms Along the Ri...
- Ballad of the Army Carts
- Ballad of the Old Cypress
- By the Lake
- Day's End
- Dreaming of Li Po
- Full Moon
- Gazing at the Sacred Peak
- Moonlit Night
- Morning Rain
- On a Prospect of T'ai-shan
- On Seeing a Pupil of Kung-sun Dance the ...
- Overnight at the Riverside Tower
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.