In this world full of hatred,
May we find a glimmer of peace?
This death, fear and anguish,
Will it ever truly cease?
As humans we wage war,
War that tears apart our nations.
And we wait for it to end,
Through misguided patience.
For centuries we have fought,
Fought against sisters and brothers.
Shedding blood, spreading hate
Killing one another.
But it seems we are growing,
Growing as a whole.
This peace that is dreamed of,
One day we shall fit this mold.
Devon McElveen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Our World by Devon McElveen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- teaching my baby girls, Jason Callender
- The Absorption(মগ্নতা), Bhaskar Rabha
- To My Daughters, Jason Callender
- Summer's Flowers, Joseph Narusiewicz
- All Those Ancient Trees Sorrounded Home, Albert Martin
- Rebel with a Cause, Deborah Dalton
- Shroud Of Smile, Rex mayor Ubini
- You, Jacob macharia
- नायहरदोँ आं गसंनानै, Ronjoy Brahma
- Until I See You Again, Lilly Emery