Days turn to nights,
Nights turn to days.
As everything vanishes
Only time stays.
To find peace in this world
Means to break hate.
But what must one do
To reach such a state?
I feel that there is
Something we have missed.
Since there is no such thing
As true bliss.
If life is light,
And death is darkness and peace.
Then the night is where
I would always like to be.
Devon McElveen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Nights by Devon McElveen )
- Death's Breath, Justin Reamer
- MOTHER, Pankti Vadalia
- Dead Brother's Note to Our Dad, Donal Mahoney
- Uncertainty, Justin Reamer
- Silent Tears, Justin Reamer
- Zur Wiederkehr meines Todes, Wolfgang Steinmann
- We shall overcome someday...for Ferguson.., Chenou Liu
- Partnership, gajanan mishra
- The Hydrangea, Justin Reamer
- Sonnet: Where the senses are scot-free, Laxman Rao
Poem of the Day
(July 15 1964)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)