Why do I enjoy this feeling?
Is that really a question?
Do you see the anguish that they have caused?
Do you see the strife?
The terror in their eyes?
The corruption that runs rampant?
Why do they cause war?
What do they fight for?
Is it their morals?
Aren’t morals nothing but words thrown away near death?
Why do I live in the dark?
Aren’t the lights so blinding?
Don’t they shed light on our inner truths?
No matter how gruesome or terrifying?
Do you not like the dark?
Doesn’t it rid us of pointless thoughts?
Do you not feel serene here?
Do you not find salvation here?
Aloneness. Is it not a wondrous thing?
Devon McElveen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Alone by Devon McElveen )
- Prayer of Ruin, Luke J. Holt
- Sweet Memories, Lilly Emery
- Earth's Time Clock Ticks, Patricia Kelley
- I Have Fallen In Deep, Lilly Emery
- Bramblehash, Luke J. Holt
- A Bare Night, Tony Adah
- That Special Feeling, Bill Cantrell
- The Pit Among Dreams, Lilly Emery
- Vietnam ~ Part 2, Sara Fielder
- Time, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken