Why do I enjoy this feeling?
Is that really a question?
Do you see the anguish that they have caused?
Do you see the strife?
The terror in their eyes?
The corruption that runs rampant?
Why do they cause war?
What do they fight for?
Is it their morals?
Aren’t morals nothing but words thrown away near death?
Why do I live in the dark?
Aren’t the lights so blinding?
Don’t they shed light on our inner truths?
No matter how gruesome or terrifying?
Do you not like the dark?
Doesn’t it rid us of pointless thoughts?
Do you not feel serene here?
Do you not find salvation here?
Aloneness. Is it not a wondrous thing?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Alone by Devon McElveen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- It's Funny, Isn't It?, Lili Domis
- You And I, Lili Domis
- Sonnet: Who Makes Money Wisely?, Dr John Celes
- Postcard For The Tin Soldier In Tintypes.., mary douglas
- I Submit, I Am Krakatoa
- till the last blood, binod bastola
- When Public Limited Company Goes Under, Terence G. Craddock
- We are three friends, gajanan mishra
- Single march, hasmukh amathalal
- It is unpleasant to live with mental uns.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan