Alpha Beta II
As we move into the unknown
Be wary of the things we may face,
Challenges that may be difficult for us to overcome.
Deeper we move
Even with the danger becoming more apparent.
Growing ever so strong.
Here we will test our will.
In time we will succeed,
Just in time for the next generation to take over.
Knowing the dangers they may move ever farther
Leaving their own marks in history.
More of them will be born in this world
Nothing will tear them from their campaign
Of progress, pride, and
Quitting will no longer be heard of.
Rushing and advancing will be the one thing we will agree upon.
This world is full of anger and greed.
Until we can cure this plague
Violence will prove to be prevalent in this world
Where One must fight to stay true to one's beliefs.
Xceed your expectations,
Yield to no obstacle,
Zoom into the unknown
Devon McElveen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Alpha Beta II by Devon McElveen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Jelousy, Karen Thornburg
- Knowledge with Wisdom, Joseph Narusiewicz
- voice of thee, binod bastola
- DREAMS, Philo Yan
- I need her in my eyes, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- The Ocean Swallows Another Day~~~, Monk E. Biz
- Dreams of Mind Reading, Brian Johnston
- Fences. They Are Everywhere, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Ode To The Iroko Dryad, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- What one should not do in the learned as.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan